This course is not scheduled yet.
This course is organized for PhD candidates or others who already participated in the Speed Reading or Brain training course. You will learn more about speed reading and memory techniques and how to use them during your PhD project or later in your career.
The course will be given by Memory Expert Frans Duijts, known from Dutch and Belgium television. He regularly gives memory demonstrations. Among other, he teaches judges and the national police how to memorize essential information and master new knowledge.
|Target Group:||PhD's and postdocs who participated in the Brain Training course.|
|Group size:||Max. 15 participants|
|Course duration:||1 day|
|Credit points:||0.3 ECTS|
|Name lecturer:||Frans Duijts|
|Venue:||to be announced|
- Quick recap of the SpeedReading techniques from the last course;
- New apps & tools for speedreading from the screen;
- How to increase your focus and deal with distractions;
- How to organize your papers and notes in a brainfriendly way;
- How to memorise all the facts of your paper so you can optimally defend it;
- Brainfriendly presentation skills to defend your paper in the best way possible;
- How to speak in a brainfriendly way to best defend your paper.
• PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
• Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools
|University fee: All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff||€ 100|
|External fee: All other participants||€ 200|
Fee includes study and training material, coffee/tea and lunches.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact Yvonne Smolders, firstname.lastname@example.org