|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations
|15 and 16 April 2019||09:00||17:00||Jos Smelik||20 / 20||Add to waiting list|
|23 and 24 September 2019||09:00||17:00||Jos Smelik||12 / 12||Add to waiting list|
Vector graphics and images
Two kinds of graphics are currently used: pixel-based graphics, such as Photoshop output, and vector-based graphics, such as Illustrator output. Vector-based graphics retain their quality at any size, which is obviously a great thing in today's world.
In this course, you will acquire the skills to retouch pixel images and to design vector graphics. You're going to learn what Photoshop and Illustrator can do and what they are used for.
No previous knowledge of either programme is required.
|Target Group:||PhD's and Post-docs|
|Group size:||8 to 12 participants|
|Course duration:||2 days|
|Credit points:||0.6 ECTS|
|Name lecturer:||Iliana Boshoven-Gkini|
15 April 2019: Forum, PC0425
16 April 2019 morning: Forum, PC0707
16 April 2019 afternoon: Forum, PC0512
The following topics will be covered:
- Using Illustrator and Photoshop workspaces
- Setting up artboards and documents
- Working with layers
- Creating basic and complex shapes
- Using drawing tools
- Transforming objects
- Grouping and ungrouping objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Working with CMYK and RGB
- Using appearences and effects
- Working with text and type
- Using clipping masks
- Printing and exporting files
- Selectively correct with the use of Masks
You will be provided with a manual of the theory, "Shortcut Sheets" for Photoshop and Illustrator, and extra reading material for further understanding.
• PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
• Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools
|University fee: All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff||€ 250|
|External fee: All other participants||€ 500|
Fee includes study and training material, coffee/tea and lunches.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact email@example.com