|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations|
|4 December 2018||09:00||17:00||Jos Smelik||12 / 10||Apply|
|7 May 2019||09:00||17:00||Jos Smelik||12 / 0||Apply|
|26 November 2019||09:00||17:00||Jos Smelik||12 / 0||Apply|
Since 2009, the popularity of infographics and iconography has grown exponentially. An infographic is a visual communication, that uses images, icons or illustrations to communicate a message with little text. Ninety percent of the information transmitted to your brain is visual, so it is important to tickle the optic nerves to excite people about your data.
This project-course is for anyone interested in understanding, designing, and using infographics, icons and illustrations. Project-courses are designed to help you to complete a personal project during the course.
A good understanding of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. If you need to improve your Illustrator and Photoshop skills please take the “Scientific Artwork” course first.
|Target Group:||PhD's and Post-docs|
|Group size:||8-12 participants|
|Course duration:||1 day|
|Credit points:||0.3 ECTS|
|Name lecturer:||Iliana Boshoven-Gkini|
Morning: Forum, PC0654
Afternoon: Forum, PC0662
In this course, you will learn:
- what an infographic is and what it makes attractive
- how to plan an effective infographic
- how to make the building blocks of infographics (draw in a grid)
- how to effectively use elements like type, color and structure
- how to draw charts and graphs in Illustrator
- how to draw icons in Illustrator
- how to embed images from Photoshop to Illustrator
- how to use icons and illustrations in your infographics
- how to visually improve your graphs and charts
At the end of the course you will design your own infographic. You will do this in steps through different assignments during the course. You will receive a theory manual and a Dropbox folder whith several assignments that we will work on during the course. A useful reading list on infographics and ionography will als be provided.
• PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
• Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools
|University fee: All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff||€ 140|
|External fee: All other participants||€ 280|
Fee includes study and training material, coffee/tea and lunches.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact email@example.com