|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations|
|18 September, 2 October, 30 October 2018||09:00||17:00||Linda Overeem||13 / 7||Apply|
|19 September, 3 October, 31 October 2018||09:00||17:00||Linda Overeem||13 / 6||Apply|
|25 September, 9 October, 6 November 2018||09:00||17:00||Linda Overeem||13 / 2||Apply|
|8 November, 22 November, 18 December 2018||09:00||17:00||Linda Overeem||13 / 3||Apply|
For PhD candidates planning, control, monitoring and management of their research project and time are essential in accomplishing the PhD. Achieving this in 4 years time is a real challenge. To manage the research projects better and to get more out of time is what this course is all about.
This 3-day short course provides insight into project and time management and ways to improve them. Hence it is time well spent.
|Target Group:||PhD's and postdocs. To get the most out of this course, PhD's must have at least a half years’ experience|
|Group size:||Max. 13 participants|
|Course duration:||Three separate days (9 am - 5 pm) Being present all 3 days is obliged!|
|Credit points:||1.5 ECTS|
|Name lecturer:||Barend van den Broek (Valley Consult)|
|Venue:||Conference room, Vadaring 7, 6702 EB Wageningen|
Programme and Intended Results
Day 1 focuses on Project Management
Day 2 focuses on theory and personal experience with Time Management
Day 3 focuses on filling the personal toolbox of the student with easy-to-apply rules and methods of Time Management
Content and focus on
- awareness of your research objectives, results and activities
- critical analysis of your project plan: planning of time, personnel and technical matters
- awareness of problems, risks and solutions in project management
- plan and manage your research effectively (easy-to-use tools)
- time-management (personal time consumers & planning tips)
- setting priorities (differentiate between important and urgent matters)
- assertiveness (stick to your own plan and remain friendly to others)
- feedback-training (give and receive feedback in a constructive manner)
At the end of this course
- You will be aware of and recognize your shortcomings in project management and solve these effectively
- You will be able to better plan, monitor and manage your projects
- You will have an understanding of the strong and weak aspects of your personal time management and how to solve these
- You will know how to apply various methods to better manage your time without losing touch with others
- You will be able to apply easy-to-use rules to optimize your time
- You will receive a certificate
- During the course you will practice your skills by learning from others in combination with hands-on training. After the presented theory (handy models and easy-to-use tools) you will work in small groups practicing - a right mix of theory and experience. You will be using your own project proposal and you are expected to share your personal experiences with the other students
- In between the 3 days of training you will work on assignments, applying what you have learned and test the usefulness of the theory in practice
- During this period the trainer will be available for additional support via email or telephone
• PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
• Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools
|University fee: All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff||€ 440|
|External fee: All other participants||€ 880|
Fee includes study and training material, coffee/tea and lunches.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org