|Dates||Start time||End time||Location||Coordinator||registrations
|Thursday 18 August 2022||12:00||14:00||Online||Jacqueline Verhoef||41 / 50||Registration ended at 16/08/2022|
|Tuesday 29 November 2022||12:00||14:00||Online||Jacqueline Verhoef||9 / 50||Apply|
LaTeX is a document preparation system and mark-up language which can be used as an alternative to text processors like MS-WORD. It automates many of the time-consuming tasks such as formatting, figure placement and bibliography management, and produces consistent, typographically neat output in PDF format that looks the same on any computer. It is most useful for writing professional publications, reports and papers, and is cross-platform, free and open-source software.
This is an introductory workshop especially aimed at those who have little or no experience working with LaTeX. There will be a theoretical and a hands-on practical part. The theoretical part covers the basics of what TeX and LaTeX are, how they compare with Office text processors, and how to get started with writing documents. The practical is a hands-on demonstration of some of the more useful features of LaTeX, such as making Gantt charts, bibliography management and automatic acronym expansion.
This session is going to be an online workshop and after approval of your registration you will receive a calendar event with the details about the physical room, as well as a link to join a Microsoft Teams meeting. The practical part will be done on Overleaf, an online LaTeX editor, so no existing software installation is required.
|Target Group||This workshop is aimed at everyone interested in learning more about LaTeX|
|Group size||Max. 50 participants|
|Number of credits||0.1 ECTS|
|12:00 - 12:30||Theory presentation|
|12:30 - 13:00||Question and answer session, break|
|13:00 - 14:00||Practical, hands-on demonstration of LaTeX capabilities on Overleaf|
|WU and PE&RC PhDs with a TSP||Free of charge|
|All others||€ 25,-|
- If you need an invoice to complete your payment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ALL relevant details that should be mentioned on the invoice (e.g., purchase order no., specific addresses, attendees, etc.).
- Please make sure that your payment is arranged within one week after your registration.
- It is the participant's responsibility to make sure that he/she (or his/her secretary) completes the payment correctly and in time.
- Cancellation is free of charge up until one week prior to the event.
- In case of cancellations within one week prior to the event, or in case you do not show up at all, a fee of € 25,- will be charged.
Note: If you would like to cancel your registration, ALWAYS inform us (and do note that you will be kept to the cancellation conditions)
This short workshop is organised by the Graduate School for Production Ecology and Resource Conservation (PE&RC), and provided by Dainius Masiliunas. Danius is a staff member at the Laboratory for Geo-Information Science and Remote Sensing of Wageningen University, and an expert in LaTeX.