|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator|
30 March, 6 and 13 April 2021
30 March (9.00-12.00hrs), 6 April (9.00-11.00 hrs), 13 April (9.00-13.00 hrs)
|09:00||Yvonne Smolders||Course is fully booked|
This program aims to increase understanding of the brain and provide tools on how to directly apply the knowledge in the PhD work. Over the course of three weeks, the participants practise with the material between sessions and get feedback on these exercises from the trainer. Screen time will be as minimal as possible by providing short online sessions.
|Target Group:||PhD candidates, PostDocs|
|Course duration:||3 sessions, total 9 hours|
|Credit points:||0.4 ECTS|
|Name lecturer:||Cor van Drieberge|
1st week: Brain-friendly working + Flow (3hr session)
Preparation: participants introduce themselves through e-mail. They explain how they think this program could help them and why do they want to follow it (max 100 words).
- Introduction to the 3-week program
- How does the brain work
- How you can get control over your brain, schedule and work more brain-friendly
- Basic understanding of flow: the good side, the bad side and how to achieve flow.
During the workshop, students will receive exercises and tips to create more flow and brain-friendly working in their system.
2nd Week: Coaching & mindset + How to work most effective from the screen (2 hr session)
Preparation: participants provide feedback through mail on where they are bumping into concerning the testing tips from the first session.
- How is the implementation of what the participants have learned going?
- What do the participants need more to work more effectively?
- Effective working behind the screen
3rd week: Skills (4 hr session)
Preparation: participants bring a book and a pdf article. Also, they have thought about subjects to write about and facts they want to learn how to memorize
When you have the foundation of brain knowledge, the mindset to start using it, the final step is to improve on skills:
- Speedreading + effective reading from the screen
- Effective writing
- Memorization of facts for presentations/reading materials
- Summarizing the complete program
• PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
• Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools
|University fee: All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff||€ 150|
|External fee: All other participants||€ 300|
You may cancel free of charge up to 1 month before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (circumstances beyond your control).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact Yvonne Smolders (email@example.com)