This course is not scheduled yet.
This 3 half-day programme supports postdocs in identifying and tackling challenges that have come up as result of a crisis and how to stay in a positive flow of work and life.
Central elements that will be addressed:
- Consequences Covid in the career perspective given the fact that time is lost and one cannot reach the postdoc goals
- How to tackle a crisis situation in such a way that one remains functional
- Planning how to go further
Day 1: Identifying Challenges
- Introduction of course leaders, participants and the programme
- Human response to crisis (short introduction and workshop on how participants respond)
- Peer coaching: Helping each other to identify challenges and tackling them (introduction to Peer Coaching and forming groups)
- Making you challenges specific (individual SWOT analysis done in the peer coaching groups)
- Plenary reflection of challenges and final process of making the main challenges specific
Day 2: Tackling challenges
- Reflection on the main challenges brought forward on day 1
- How to tackle challenges? (taking responsibility, showing personal leadership, increasing your domain of influence)
- Making a SMART plan of action via a OGSM (again in Peer Coaching groups)
- Presentation of the OGSM
- Assignment for day 3: Peer coaching groups make a plan how to help each other in realising their OGSM
Day 3: Reflection and synthesis
- Feedback from Peer Coaching groups (how far did you get? Where did the OGSM go well and where did it fail)
- Reflection on the state of the art and how to take things further
- Adjustment of OGSM
- Planning of Peer Coaching sessions
|Target Group||The course is aimed at Postdocs|
|Group Size||Max. 12 participants|
|Course duration||3 days|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Lecturers||Claudius van de Vijver (PE&RC) and Barend van den Broek (Valley Consult)|
|PE&RC / WIMEK / WASS / EPS / VLAG / WIAS Postdocs||€ 150,-|
|All other Postdocs||€ 300,-|
If you would like to cancel your registration, ALWAYS inform us (and do note that you will be kept to the cancellation conditions).
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
Claudius van de Vijver (PE&RC)
Phone: +31 (0) 317 485116