|Dates||Start time||End time||Coordinator||registrations|
|23 November||09:00||13:00||Jacqueline Verhoef||25 / 11||Apply|
WGS organises a number of scientific writing and publishing courses. One aspect of scientific publishing that so far has not been addressed the reviewing of a scientific paper. Reviewing scientific papers is an responsibility of all in academia and therefore it is relevant to obtain insight in the aspects of reviewing scientific papers.
This afternoon workshop gives insight in how to review a scientific paper and possible issues that may occur.
|Target Group:||PhD's and Postdocs|
|Group size:||Max. 25 participants|
|Course duration:||09.00-13.00 pm|
|Credit points:||0,1 ECTS|
|Name lecturers:||Ellen Fest (Wageningen UR Library), Marielos Pena Claros (Forest Ecology and Forest Management) and Claudius van de Vijver (graduate school PE&RC)|
|08.45||Registration and welcome|
|09.00||Peer review an introduction|
|09.45||The practice of scientific reviewing: a reviewer`s and editor`s narrative|
|11.00||Discussion in groups|
|11.45||Plenary discussion on reviewing|
• PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
• Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools
• PhDs of the national graduate school SENSE with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP)
|University fee: All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff||€ 40|
|External fee: All other participants||€ 80|
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact email@example.com