This course is not scheduled yet.
This course is offered by Wageningen Graduate Schools and organised by Wageningen UR Library. This course aims at drawing up a Data Management Plan and maintain it throughout the project life cycle. Such a plan is helpful to avoid data management problems while you do your research, and increasingly funders require one, including the plans for sharing and preservation. At the end of this course you will:
- be aware of the importance of good practice in managing research data in general and be able to it within your work context,
- be able to organise and document data and its versions efficiently during the course of a project.
- be aware of methods to check and assure data quality and consistency
- be aware of procedures for short term storage and backup, and for long term archiving and preservation
- Be aware of privacy and intellectual property rights issues regarding data
You will get individual help in developing a balanced data management plan.
|Target Group:||PhD's and postdocs|
|Group size:||24 participants|
|Course duration:||1 day and consultation with information specialists|
|Credit points:||0.4 ECTS|
|Name lecturer:||Hugo Besemer (course leader)|
6 February: Forum, Room C0106
8 May: Forum, Room C0106
The first part of the day
Series of background lectures that concentrates on:
Data collection and statistics
Information analysis and database design
- Legal aspects
The second part of the day
Focus on a more practical level with lectures and discussions on how to organise one’s own research data
How to document the research process
Discuss the template for a data management plan
After this one day course participants are invited to compose their own data management plan in the month after the event.
|1. Reduced fee: PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) and postdocs of Wageningen University that are registered at one of the graduate schools of Wageningen (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)||€ 80,-|
|2. Full fee: All other PhD candidates / post-docs and staff of Wageningen University||€ 160,-|
|3. Extended fee: All other participants||€ 320,-|
Fee includes study and training material, coffee/tea and lunch.
Until four weeks before the start of the course, you can cancel free of charge. After this date you will be charged with the “Full Fee”.
Exemption of payment:
When there is a replacement (who you can propose, in this case please inform the course coordinator) you will only be charged with €100.
- For PhD’s and post-docs of Wageningen University: when you have a valid reason (circumstances beyond your control) to cancel, you will be charged the reduced fee. In this case a written statement of the supervisor/superior is required.
Note: When you do not have a valid reason to cancel or do not show up at courses that are free of charge you will be charged with €100.
For more information please contact email@example.com