|Dates||Start time||End time||Location||Coordinator||registrations
26,27,28 November 2019
Meeting takes 1.15 hour; there is no guarantee about the data, please be available.
|Gaia 5 or Gaia 6||Linda Overeem||10 / 24||Apply|
Obtaining a PhD degree demands a variety of skills, competences and qualities of the PhD candidate. Besides organising numerous courses and trainings to strengthen the competences and skills required, WGS offers PhD candidates the possibility to do a PhD competence assessment. The assessment will focus on competences such as organising capacity, analytical thinking, collaboration and personal characteristics. The assessment is not mandatory but we do strongly urge PhD candidates to participate, as it is a means through which PhD candidates can improve their competences and skills and get the most out of their PhD training. It is not an evaluation of the candidate by supervisors.
- Gives PhD candidates insight in their personal strengths and pitfalls with respect to fulfil the requirements set to obtain a PhD degree in the given 4-year period
- Gives insight in the opportunities to overcome the pitfalls
- Allows PhD candidates to follow a more tailor-made training programme related to the areas that need attention
- Aims at providing more insights to the supervisors on how the candidate is best supervised (in case PhD candidate imposes no objection)
|Target Group:||The assessment is primarily meant for PhD candidates at the beginning of their PhD assignment|
|Group size:||max. 24 participants|
|Course duration:||Online tests which the candidate has to fill in by his- or herself, followed by a personal meeting with an assessment consultant of 1.15 hour|
|Language:||Assessments tests are optional in English or Dutch|
|Credit points:||0,3 ECTS|
|consultants:||Nora Lubsen, René Maas (performed by Maas Organisation & Career Development, Amersfoort)|
|Venue:||Atlas and Gaia Building (campus Wageningen)|
The assessment encompasses the following components:
- Personality tests and an intelligence test which have to be filled in on line. These will be sent approximately 1 week prior to the personal meeting
- The consultant will sent some striking results of the test and matching questions before the interview. In that way, the candidate can prepare her- or himself on the personal meeting.
- Two weeks later a personal meeting of 1 hour and 15 minutes with a consultant.
- Within two weeks after the personal meeting, the consultant will send a first version of the assessment report, including possible recommendations, to the participant by email.
- After receiving this first version the participants will get one week time to communicate with the assessment consultant on the outcome of the report in order to reach clarity and ensure understanding of its content. This can be done by mail or phone. If necessary, the assessment consultant will adjust the report afterwards and prepare the final version of the report. If the participant doesn’t react within one week, the final report will be the same as the first version.
- The final version of the assessment report (a signed PDF file) will be sent to the participant by email.
- Within one month after the personal meeting all participants will have received the final version of the assessment report.
Who will receive the assessment report?
Only the participant will receive a final version of the report by email from Maas Organisation & Career Development.
The assessment report will NEVER be sent to the supervisor of the candidate for reasons of confidentiality. However, we strongly recommend candidates to share the outcome of their report with their supervisor as it provides insight on how the candidate can be best supervised. In fact the report contains also recommendations for the supervisor.
|1) Reduced fee: PhD candidates of Wageningen University who are in the first two years of their PhD study with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK).
PhD candidates who are in the third or fourth year and are a member of one of the above mentioned graduate schools can participate for €100 if they have a valid reason for participating in the assessment. This reason must be confirmed by the education coordinator of the graduate school the participant belongs to.
|University fee: All other PhD candidates||
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree).
In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org